Dear Loyal Guests and Friends,
In this ever-changing pandemic landscape, I am moving our COVID safety protocols up another step. Both our guests and employees are arriving fully vaccinated with few exceptions. We are testing every employee weekly upon arrival whether vaccinated or not. Adding to this step, we are testing all guests upon arrival as of Sunday, September 12th. These are self-administered rapid tests and are provided free of charge. Our team has been conducting COVID testing for months and they are there to administer and help with this additional safety step. We have maintained our front entrance protocols and temperature checks. All of our employees will continue wearing masks. With the ever-moving goalposts our goal is to ensure everyone is safe upon entering our property. I do not see this pandemic world ending anytime soon and continuing to provide a safe environment has been our top priority. I want to thank all the guests that have been so supportive along this journey. Thank you!!
Trudy Goodman and Jack Kornfield, both best-selling authors and Vipassana teachers, joined us this week sharing their practice of loving kindness and steadying your body, heart, and mind. This week brought everyone a sense of well-being though breath and focus. It was a deep and meaningful experience for all.
Some of our future weeks speakers are:
10/17-Julian Skywalker, returns to Golden Door sharing his life’s work of discovering your purpose through Vedic Astrology and experiencing the transformative effects that ancient methods have on our bodies and minds.
10/24-Tara Taylor, an internationally renowned intuitive counselor will be sharing the differences between intuition, emotions, and the ego inspiring you to see your own inner greatness. This will be an exciting week.
12/12-Elizabeth Rohm, will be with us on the transformation and power of respect for yourself, each other, for the earth and life. She will share The RESPECT project and its mission on creating an emotionally healthy life especially in these stressful times.
12/19-Chef Nina Curtis, brings her culinary expertise on living a plant based life. She shares the phenomena of the longest living people with her Blue Zones meal planner. A perfect way to get through the holidays and prepare for a new year.
12/26-Dr. Mao Shing Ni as a best-selling author with a rich history in Chinese integrative medicine. He will share his secrets for longevity and self-healing combining Western and Eastern healing philosophies. This is our first visit with Dr. Mao and we have several planned for 2022.
Each week has been so meaningful for our guests. A comment from last week, “No looking back, that’s not the direction I’m headed was my affirmation for the week. I came for healing and love, and that’s what I am leaving with. Every class and activity that I participated in was the process I needed to find myself again.” Nancy H.
On an exciting note our Golden Door Farm Stand has grown up into the Golden Door Country Store which is opening 9/18/2021. The footprint is doubled, we added built-in professional refrigeration, and a much broader assortment of products and food supplies. Each week our fresh produce, home baked bread, and artisanal products have been available to our local community. We will have some new Golden Door products such as our own yummy granola, almonds, and so much more. We began to see customers from Orange and LA counties and saw the need to grow beyond the simple Farm Stand model. I will send photos after the launch!
Thank all of you for your loyalty and kindness. This year is speeding by so remember to take that deep breath, walk farther than yesterday, and pause to celebrate every day.
Kathy Van Ness
WHAT TO EXPECT
- • We will have VIP concierges partnered with guests that will exclusively take care of guest details, reducing touch points.
• Guests (as always) will have the option to eat all meals in their rooms and we are creating several outdoor dining venues with smaller intimate groups for an experience that is very special that allow guests to follow social distancing.
• Evening programs will be available while observing social distancing guidelines.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFETY
- • All of our employees are masked, vaccinated or not.
• We are testing 100% of our staff and guests weekly, regardless of vaccination status. We do ask guests to bring their CDC card. Guests may also bring a negative test taken within 48 hours.
• While Social Distancing is now no longer a part of our everyday practice, please be sure to be aware of each other’s “personal space” -not everyone may feel comfortable near others.
• We take temperatures and oxygen upon entry.
• Any guest that wants additional testing while here can get a free test.
• We are fully sanitized and will continue daily sanitation in both the common and guest areas between guests use.
• Sanitation stations will be set up in all the gyms and common areas throughout the property.
Please call 866.420.6414 to speak with a reservation agent, we are happy to check availability and room options. Or, you may book online anytime.
OFFICE HOURS: 8am to 5pm PST Monday through Friday.