You’ll need to bring only:
• Hiking, trail or running shoes with good tread (required)
• Aerobic, cross-trainers or court shoes with non-marking soles (a must-have for classes)
• Exercise clothing (if you prefer your own to the warm ups and t-shirts provided)
• Synthetic blend socks (avoid 100% cotton)
• Bathing suits/trunks/sunshirts
• Warm jacket, sweater, and/or sweatshirt (for cool-weather hikes and evenings)
• Toiletries, dietary supplements, medications
• Tennis racquet, if you play (loaners are available)
We are pleased to provide for your week:
In Your Room
• Jackets and T-shirts (fresh each morning)
• Japanese Yukata (light-weight cotton robe) for dinner and evening wear
• Knit Cap & Gloves
In the Bathhouse
• Swimsuit Spinner
And our gifts to you
• Water bottle
• Tote bag
• Golden Door pen
• Golden Door journal
• Golden Door Skincare (starter supply)*
Other items provided in your room are available for purchase in the Boutique. The cost of non-gift items you choose to take home from your room will be added to your bill.
* To reinforce the benefits of your daily skin treatments, we supply a full line of skin-care products (not makeup) for use during your week. If you have specific favorites or special needs, please bring your own.
Pack a small bag inside your luggage with a swim suit, workout clothes and shoes that you can access upon arrival. Room check-in is at 4pm. Of course if you prefer to arrive earlier or depending on your flight availability, you are welcome to come early and enjoy resort amenities (pool, gym, bath house – steam room, sauna & Jacuzzi) until your room is ready. In addition, brunch is available from 11:00am to 2:30pm and there will be a tour and optional fitness classes in the afternoon.
Please be mindful of fellow guests who are seeking tranquility and limit the use of your cell phone or other devices in common areas to emailing, texting, web searches and reading. And, to ensure that phone calls, videos, and video chats do not disturb others, we ask that these activities be conducted in the privacy of your room.
For the wellbeing of guests and staff, and in accordance with California State smoking laws, smoking (including the use of electronic cigarettes) is not permitted on Golden Door property. (Smoking on the property will result in a $2,000 fee and we will be unable to accept your future reservations.)
CANDLES & INCENSE
The burning of candles or incense is not permitted on the property without staff supervision. (Burning candles or incense in your room is subject to the above-mentioned $2,000 fee.)
Raised body temperatures and deeper breathing can make even the subtlest scent a problem for those with allergies and other sensitivities. We ask that you please refrain from using perfumes and colognes.
Please do not share names, information, or photos of your fellow guests with anyone outside the Golden Door, either verbally or via social media.
Please do not use cameras* or camera phones in the vicinity of classes, bathhouse, treatment rooms, or where you and your fellow guests congregate. Picture-taking with friends when all are in agreement is, of course, allowed and encouraged.
Please refrain from seeking out prominent individuals from the entertainment industry, business world, or public service for undue attention.
Please do not approach guests on behalf of any business, charitable organization, to purchase goods, or make donations.
Please also note that photos of the Golden Door property and Golden Door program information may not be used for any commercial purpose.